Children’s activitiesPublished on 14.05.2015
Here is a fun way to discover, as a family, the values promoted by the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement, as well as the activities implemented by the Monegasque Red Cross – with the opportunity to win plenty of prizes.
Throughout the day, short activities (lasting between 5 and 15 minutes) will be available to children accompanying their parents, with the chance to win a number of surprises!
The 1.5 hour sessions (available upon advance registration only) will give your child the opportunity to enjoy games organised and run by our teams of volunteers. A unique learning experience with lots of laughter guaranteed:
- As a starter, stories focused on the values advocated by the Red Cross : support, solidarity, openness….for 3 to 6 year-olds and an animated film about the Red Cross followed by a short game for 7 to 12 year-olds.
- As the main course, longer activities that our friends from the Belgian Red Cross – Youth have enjoyed with us, according to age :
– My home, my safety and me: for 3 to 6 year-olds – A large fun-filled and colourful house to explore in order to recognise the dangers and prevent domestic accidents
– Box Game : for 7 to 9 year-olds – A few coloured boxes, 12 surprise activities geared towards the younger audience. This game is about discovering the history of the Red Cross / Red Crescent Movement, adopting responsible behaviour, using your grey cells and improving your general knowledge, while at the same time finding out about the values and action of the Red Cross and Red Crescent worldwide… And in Monaco!
– Limito : for 8 to 10 year-olds – Snakes and Ladders with a difference to open up to the world surrounding us. Stepping into the shoes of a soldier during an armed conflict, children have to discuss and make key decisions… And understand that even war has its limits!
– KiDon’Kwa : for 10 to 12 year-olds – Another way of saying “Who’s giving what?”: a game of cooperation, involving “Question” and “Action” challenges. The players “slip on the overalls” of volunteers from the Monaco blood donor association. They fill up the blood bag reserves so that they can give hospitals the bags they need to save lives. The aim is to be able to meet all the patients’ needs.
- And for dessert, the distribution of certificates and prizes to our young participants!
It is also worth noting that a drawing competition is being organised for 8-12 year-olds prior to this day event.
Visit of the Prince's Car Collection.
On Wednesday, March 22, our seniors were invited to visit the Prince's Car Collection. They were accompanied by volunteers from the youth section and ...
TURKEY / SYRIA : Appeal for donations
Monaco, 22/02/2023 : To deliver aid to the Turkish and Syrian people and to combat insecurity, funding for humanitarian action is vital. Since the ...