A multi-purpose centre for the Burkina Faso Red Cross
- Internationally, the Monaco Red Cross operates mainly in Burkina Faso where it implements, with the Burkina Faso Red Cross, projects in various sectors such as health, childhood, food security, water, hygiene, sanitation and primary care.
- Today these two Red Cross societies, supported by their respective governments, are facing their greatest humanitarian challenge: to transform the Monaco Pavilion from the 2015 Milan Universal Exposition into the main element of an innovative and sustainable training and accommodation centre close to Ouagadougou (the capital of Burkina Faso).
- This 6.5-hectare complex, which will be opening its premises close to the future international airport in 2018, will be composed of the pavilion itself (conference and meeting rooms, restaurant area), accommodation units, sports grounds, a nautical rescue centre, a gardening area and a photovoltaic field.
The aims of this project:
Training: To build capacities at national and sub-regional levels
Red Cross Training
To provide and organise training and workshops for all the National Societies and partners in West African countries, in order to build their capacities and operational skills (training in first aid, nautical rescue, the humanitarian field, etc.).
Community Integration Training
- Training students in order to reduce the risk of people drowning;
- Training local communities in agro-ecological gardening techniques, in marketing and micro-credits (in order to guarantee they have access to high-quality, local food).
Vocational Training and Integration
To serve as a field of application in the hotel industry and catering sector (in order to generate jobs in the sector)
Income-generating Activity: To strengthen the Burkina Faso Red Cross’ response capacity
To have an economic and social mission by generating revenue for the Burkina Faso Red Cross, allowing them to address the humanitarian challenges they face.
L'actualité de la Croix Rouge Monégasque
Grand Prix 2021: the Red Cross comes up trumps!
May 2021 was marked by the resumption of several events in the Principality, including the three Grand Prix motor races (Historic Grand Prix, E-Prix a...
The Monaco Red Cross and CHPG have been working hand in hand for many years. The 2 entities have forged a solid basis for cooperation over the years. ...