Made up of a team of highly devoted and experienced social workers and administrative staff, the Monaco Red Cross Social Services are active throughout the year both in emergency situations and by offering regular support to those in need.
Close to 600 households living in the Principality of Monaco or a neighbouring community with a connection to Monaco are provided assistance and support by the department’s staff.
These assistance and protection mechanisms are at the heart of all the activities; they are organised in cooperation with other social services within the Principality and the close vicinity.
Especially active in regard to social welfare, this department also implements various solidarity and support initiatives.
► Social Welfare
Sytematically based on an assessment of each situation, personalised and prompt assistance is provided, adapted to the needs of the individual beneficiary.
– Material Assistance: This aid can be given in the form of emergency financial assistance, a contribution to housing and household expenses, funding for furniture and household appliances, cover for healthcare expenses, a contribution to childcare expenses, a contribution to curricular and extra-curricular activities, study scholarships and any other type of support that is deemed appropriate.
– Food Aid: provided on an ad hoc or regular basis, this aid consists of service vouchers and food parcels containing foodstuffs and basic necessities.
– Clothing Assistance: run by a team of volunteers responsible for sorting garments and welcoming beneficiaries, the Monaco Red Cross clothing department offers individuals living in precarious conditions the opportunity to receive free clothing. This department, extremely active throughout the year, relies on both the generous donations of clothing received by the Red Cross as well as the day-to-day meticulous work of the twenty individuals who voluntarily collect, sort and store garments and also welcome anyone who may potentially benefit from this service.
► Support arrangements
Aimed at promoting the social integration of the most vulnerable, these measures help to maintain a link with isolated and marginalised individuals or those struggling to accomplish certain basic activities of daily life.
– Support and monitoring: this involves supporting, guiding and accompanying beneficiaries in some of their administrative and management endeavours.
– Community activities: the aim of these activities is to prevent isolation and nurture the integration of individuals living in precarious conditions by involving them in key events taking place across the year (National Holiday celebrations, end of year festivities, etc.).
True to their humanitarian mission and mandate to provide protection and assistance, the Monaco Red Cross Social Services are there to help you throughout the year.
Public enquiries from 9am to 5pm from Mondays to Fridays
Address: Villa Colibri, 24 boulevard de Suisse,
Secretariat’s telephone number: +377 97 97 68 18
Those wishing to obtain initial information and/or an appointment with a social worker should contact the secretariat.
L'actualité de la Croix Rouge Monégasque
73rd edition of the Monaco Red Cross Gala
On 18th July 2022, more than 650 guests attended a cocktail dinner party in the sumptuous setting of the Casino terraces for the Monaco Red Cross annu...
Students from Charles III take action for Bosnia & Herzegovina
Over the course of the 2021-2022 academic year, young students from Charles III took action to support a project run by Action Internationale in Bosni...