The National Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies are the main first-aid providers in the world. The 2006 – 2010 strategy of the International Federation for health and assistance to persons gives us the necessary framework to integrate training and practice in first-aid matters. So as to achieve first-aid potential, the National Societies must make a concentrated effort to increase the number of persons trained for these techniques and to intensify their first-aid actions geared to the community.
First aid civil missions
Main activity : First-aid stations, consisting in giving first aid at many sports or cultural events of the Principality of Monaco (Circus Festival, live concerts, Marathon, F1 Grand Prix, football matches, etc…).
But also :
- Be able to provide aid as auxiliaries of the Public Authorities and work hand in hand with Firemen, the Prince’s Carabineers and the Police Department in case of “red plan” or “ORMOSE” plan in the event of a disaster.
- Provide the logistics in certain unforeseeable situations connected to current events (emergency accommodations, borrowing and setting up tents, psychological support…)
- Come as back-up in outdoor actions, at the request of sister companies, in France and in Italy.
- Join solidarity missions to help populations in case of disasters (floods, hurricane)
- Go on international missions in partnership (Spa Grand Prix, Cologne carnival, rock Weichter concert…)
- Take part in international first-aid conventions (FACE).
To share one’s knowledge by passing the PAE 3 Instructorship and be a member of the educational committee by becoming a first-aid instructor, becomes accessible for a few enthusiastic first-aid workers, convinced of the benefit of passing on life-saving techniques. More than a calling, first of all it is a mission.
Military first aid
Military first-aid workers (Carabineers of the Sovereign Prince, Firemen), apart from their cooperation with civil first-aid workers during large events, carry out numerous missions :
- Permanent first-aid stations in the carabineers’ barracks.
- First aid on public roads.
- Transportation of injured persons by ambulance to the Princess Grace Hospital
- Transportation of retirement home residents.
- Daily transportation of children to the Foyer Sainte Dévote Day Nursery.
First Aid training
To follow a first aid training PSC1 or IDSA, please click on First Aid training
L'actualité de la Croix Rouge Monégasque
Nick Danziger exhibition
Nick Danziger exhibition : les héros du quotidien Since the beginning of the health crisis linked to Covid-19, nursing staff have been put to the ...
The Walanpatrias Foundation supports the victims of Storm Alex
Monaco, 23/10/2020 On Tuesday 20th October, the Monaco Red Cross, represented by its Secretary General Frédéric Platini, its treasurer Bettina Ra...