Health and Prevention
The Health and Prevention section is managed by Ms Dominique Martet, who sits on the Board of Directors of the Monaco Red Cross. Her primary function is to play an active role in in the field of health and prevention, especially among young people. She is also involved in the provision of standby first aid cover in the Principality, working in collaboration with the first aid section.
Members of this section comprise medical personnel (doctors)? together with paramedics and/or students.
This section has 82 volunteers.
What we do
The section takes an active role in prevention and in the health education of the population of Monaco, especially young people both in the school environment and out of school, by providing educational material and running workshops in line with needs: oral hygiene, personal hygiene, safety at home, nutrition etc.,
and for adults: addiction, risk behaviours etc.
Being a volunteer with the Health and Prevention section also involves manning first-aid posts as part of a team alongside first-aiders, and following specialised complementary training courses if you so wish.
Volunteers can join various sections of the Red Cross, which currently has 600 volunteers.
Find out everything the Red Cross does on our website : www.croix-rouge.mc. For further information, please arrange an appointment.
- Please send your CV to Ms. Dominique Martet, head of the section : email@example.com
- We recommend that you follow the e-Learning course on volunteering (basic training) prior to registering.
- An interview will be held with the head of the section at a time to be arranged.
- Applications must include: photocopy of professional diploma, twoo identity photographs and an application form to be filled in. You will be given a Volunteers Charter, which is to be read carefully and signed.
The annual subscription is €2 minimum and this must be paid in the first quarter of the calendar year. If you join several sections, the subscription is payable only once, to your principal section.
One delegate per 15 volunteer members represents the section at the Annual General Meeting, which usually takes place in March. The delegates are elected for two years.
The Monaco Red Cross is a partner in the e-Learning platform of the International Federation. We recommend that you register on the platform to follow the wide range of training courses on offer.
Other training courses are available on the online training platform of The International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies (World of Red Cross – WORC, Community-Based Health and First Aid – CBHFA, etc.)
2. Other classroom training sessions are offered by the section
- The role of the caregiver
- Training session for school nurses (knowledge update) (3 hours)
- External diploma courses: ATCN, university diplomas in emergency care, disasters…
3. The section encourages its members to take part in conferences and lectures in connection with its objectives: emergencies, resuscitation, hygiene, public health etc. (e.g. SFAR, JMARU, SF2H)
Congresses and Conferences
Nurses take part in Congresses and attend Medical Conferences.
Collège de formation médicale continue : Sous la Présidence du Docteur Mathieu Liberatore
Conferences take place in : ” l’Amphithéâtre Lou Clapas “, Avenue Jacques ABBA, 06230 CAP D’AIL.
You will receive most information by e-mail (suggested training courses, lectures, volunteering, monthly first-aid posts chart, etc.)
To contact the section, please telephone: +377 97 97 68 29 or by mail : firstname.lastname@example.org
JOIN OUR TEAM AND EMBRACE THE VALUES OF THE GREAT GLOBAL HUMANITARIAN
L'actualité de la Croix Rouge Monégasque
B.N.S.S.A. certification ceremony
On Monday 7th May, 10 N1/N2 swimmers received their B.N.S.S.A. diploma (French water safety and rescue certificate). They are now lifeguards! The cour...
Grand Prix 2021: the Red Cross comes up trumps!
May 2021 was marked by the resumption of several events in the Principality, including the three Grand Prix motor races (Historic Grand Prix, E-Prix a...