The Monaco Red Cross launches an appeal for the victims of Storm AlexPublished on 10.10.2020
The association, mobilised since Friday, is assessing the needs of the disaster-stricken areas. An appeal for donations has been launched in order to provide assistance to the individuals affected by the storm.
Monaco, 5th October 2020 – The Monaco Red Cross teams have been working round the clock since Storm Alex hit the Maritime Alps and Italy last Friday, severely affecting the population, especially the sectors of la Roya and la Vésubie.
- On Friday, the teams helped to set up reception facilities in Monaco.
- On Saturday, the Monaco Red Cross provided support in an emergency reception centre and shelter opened at the Carei Gymnasium in Menton for the victims.
- In cooperation with local authorities and various organisations involved, a team is at the ready to intervene in order to deliver clearing equipment and basic necessities (water, warm clothing, food) and to carry out an initial assessment of needs so that an appropriate emergency response can be implemented.
In the first instance rescue workers and logistics specialists trained for this type of disaster will be helping to clear away debris, provide psychological support and basic commodities to the victims. Over 70 voluntary members are ready to be deployed in the worst-hit areas.
An appeal for the victims of the disaster-hit areas
You can make a donation, specifying “STORM ALEX”:
- By bank cheque (to the order of the Monaco Red Cross –STORM ALEX) or by cash to be left at the Monaco Red Cross’s main address – 27 Bld de Suisse, 98000 Monaco (tel. +377 97.97.68.00).
- Through the website www.croix-rouge.mc, selecting « Action inondations dans les Alpes-Maritimes » on the online donation page
- By bank transfer (bank details available on our website page dedicated to donations).
The Monaco Red Cross will be tracking all donations. Our heartfelt thanks for your generosity.
The Monaco Red Cross and Fights Aids Monaco united for the destitute
Joint commitment and resolve to support the vulnerable, particularly in these times of health crisis. Monaco, 8th February 2021 – At the headquar...
The generous gesture of the Société Générale Private Banking towards the Monaco Red Cross
On 26th January 2021, the bank handed over to the Monaco Red Cross a cheque amounting to 32,460 Euros to fund its activities in Monaco. A desire to of...