THE MONACO RED CROSS
The Monaco Red Cross was created on 3 March 1948 by Prince Louis II. The same year, it was recognised by the International Committe of the Red Cross and admitted to the International Federation of the Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies.
The Monaco Red Cross National Society respects the seven Fundamental Principles of the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement.
Between two meetings of the Board of Directors, a more restricted body, the Executive Committee, oversees the safe operation of the Society. Apart from the President, it includes the Vice-President, Mr. Philippe NARMINO, The General Secretary, Mr. Frédéric PLATINI, the General Treasurer Mrs. Bettina RAGAZZONI and the Councillor, Mr. Doctor Michel-Yves MOUROU.
Once a year, the General Assembly, the decision-making body, convenes the members of the Board of Directors, the Heads of all sections and services, and the delegate members representing all the volunteers (one representative per 15 volunteer members). In 2014, the Monaco Red Cross include 49 employees and more than 500 volunteer members who make up the base of the organisation.