The Résidence Bellando de Castro
At the Résidence Bellando de Castro many varied activities take place throughout the year.
Celebrations, tea parties and shows follow one another according to a schedule always set up so that everyone can enjoy themselves :
- As early as January, celebrations begin with Epiphany. The “Wise Men” offer a choice of varied lots for all the winners of a super-bingo, then snacks with cake, champagne and sweets, before crowning 3 Kings and 3 Queens drawn by lots.
- In February, a happy carnival enchants the residents every year.
- For Easter, a pleasant distribution of chocolate hens and eggs, with snacks and super-bingo.
- A traditional lucky charm, the 1st of May lily of the valley.
- Mother’s and Father’s Day ends this nice programme.
With the arrival of summer, very nice outings are organised around the Principality. They are always followed by delicious snacks generously offered by hotels or by kind donors.
The enthusiasm of the volunteer team does not stop there. Apart from the visits, expected so eagerly every day – precious moments for sharing and listening – there are also bingo games every Monday for the faithful players, exciting talks sometimes take place during which participants are especially interested in the topic of the Principality.
The Résidence Giaume
At the end of 2006 another branch of the Monegasque Red Cross was created. As soon as it opened, this new organisation received a very warm welcome. A varied and pleasant programme has been set up by 7 volunteer ladies and one volunteer gentleman, united by the same desire to entertain and to comfort.
- Daily visits (more than 1,000) enable to better know the problems of each resident, who appreciate these moments of listening and sharing.
- Every Friday afternoon a bingo game is organised, with important lots, and a super bingo on special occasions.
The celebrations included :
- The arrival of the Wise Men loaded with gifts for the Epiphany Kings and Queens.
- All the residents’ birthdays
- Mother’s and Father’s Day, always somewhat nostalgic, in spite of the flowers and gifts offered to every one.
Other celebrations are also added according to what is available :
- Recitals of old songs.
- Flower arrangement contests.
- Outings and visits in the vicinity, followed by delicious snacks offered by the Principality’s hotels.