2018 – The Loumbila multi-purpose Centre
Environmentally friendly, the 6.5-hectare complex is situated 20 km from the capital and 5 km from the future international airport. It consists of:
- The central pavilion made out of R3 containers with a bar/restaurant, a meeting/training room with 160 adjustable seats and 19 bedrooms, including 3 fully equipped suites;
- It has 48 fully equipped bungalow bedrooms;
- It has an equipped swimming pool/nautical rescue centre with a short course Olympic-sized pool measuring 25 x 12.5 m and a bar/restaurant;
- There is a 56-kWh photovoltaic field, hydraulic boreholes, a market garden area and a sports area, allowing for the perfect community and environmental integration of the infrastructures.
The centre aims to become a regional benchmark for training, notably in first aid, for the Red Cross and Red Crescent. It can host different kinds of events and conferences. It can also be used to provide vocational training courses for vulnerable individuals. With this project, the Burkina Faso Red Cross will be able to generate income in order to address the humanitarian challenges facing this country, ranked 183rd out of 187 in terms of human development, and facing serious, recurring crises.
The aims of this project:
- TRAINING: To build capacities at national and sub-regional levels
- RED CROSS TRAINING
To provide and organise training and workshops for all the National Societies and partners in West African countries, in order to build their capacities and operational skills (training in first aid, nautical rescue, the humanitarian field, etc.).
- COMMUNITY INTEGRATION TRAINING
- Training students in order to reduce the risk of people drowning;
- Training local communities in agro-ecological gardening techniques, in marketing and micro-credits (in order to guarantee they have access to high-quality, local food).
- VOCATIONAL TRAINING AND INTEGRATION
To serve as a field of application in the hotel industry and catering sector (in order to generate jobs in the sector)
2. INCOME-GENERATING ACTIVITY: To strengthen the Burkina Faso Red Cross’ response capacity
To have an economic and social mission by generating revenue for the Burkina Faso Red Cross, allowing them to address the humanitarian challenges they face.